Shared audio described recordings of museum content for accessibility
|Affiliation||VMWare and UC Davis|
|Project title||Shared audio described recordings of museum content for accessibility|
|Background||Museums present content in a visual format to patrons, with many visitors not experiencing tour guides due to time restraints or accessibility issues. VMWare and UC Davis are collaborating on a project which would allow vetted users to submit audio descriptions of museum content (such as paintings, sculptures, and antiques) to be shared with museums worldwide.|
|Description||The idea would be to allow museum patrons to access audio described content for museum content for guided tours and/or web hosted content.
- Create a hosted service on VMWare
- Full stack development
- Test and improve software with stakeholders feedback
- Accessible and responsive design
- Ability to embed submitted audio to other sites
- Accessible multimedia player
|Deliverable||A prototype of the Audio Description Tool which allows users to submit audio files and link to web sites, or devices, to provide audio descriptions of web content.
- Private or Public presentation rooms with voting/feedback capabilities.
- Comprehensive documentation of code is required.
|Skill set desirable||The ideal team will have experience with hosting and making audio content readily available, as well as web accessibility.
|Client time availability||30-60 min weekly or more|
|IP requirement||Client wishes to keep IP of the project|